Support QRP CoA Everywhere

Tuesday 21 August 2018

3D scanner

As had a bit of fun trying to reverse engineer some parts for a ghost hunter (I am a not a believer!) I thought it would be fun to sort out a 3D scanner. So I have decided to make one. It might not be very good initially but I am sure I'll learn.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-30-laser/

The idea is pretty simple really place an object in the field of view of the camera and then using vertical lasers slice the outline, capturing the laser profile/lines, turn the object and create a wire frame. I am sure it might be a tad noisy initially.

The parts all printed last night. after the parts all turned up from various places. Will be fun putting it together to test this w/e probably whilst operating during the GQRP Summer Sizzler will add a photo at the time.



No comments: