Support QRP CoA Everywhere

Thursday 30 April 2009

FUCHS Antenna




This was discussed on GQRP a few weeks ago.




I thought I'd check and see if I had all the components to build it.




Well the answer is yes. So I then looked for a small enclosure and found one that I bought from Bowood Electronics (£1.50). The top was metal so I replaced that with the yellow rectangle a piece of FR4 double sided PCB with the copper removed.

I will add a little swtch so that the 10pF between the grounds can be disconnected.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the Fuchs Antenna work out? How did it compare with other antenna tuners?
Thanks.

M1KTA said...

It worked. It is what it is a long wire type antenna, you need to use the tuner to bring it to resonance the tuning was quite sharp. Which was no different to most similar L match using tiny trimmer capacitors and 270 degree rotation for the full range. Definitely was a case of tune for maximum noise/signal, was not difficult.

I no longer have it, sold a while back at GQRP Rishworth rally (probably), but I seem to recall no probably from beach making qso across EU on most bands. I don't think it did too well on 80m but 40m definitely worked well. I used a 10m fishing pole and the wire used to be put up as an inverted L.

I do not normally like anon comments... your name and callsign please?

72

Dom
M1KTA

M1KTA said...

http://www.qrpproject.de/Media/pdf/MultibandfuchsEnglish.pdf

Unknown said...

Sorry for the anonymous comment and thanks for the information. I'm considering the Fuchs Antenna matching unit from the QrpProject.de for a small 40m radio when I upgrade my license to HF bands.

James, KK4WXA

M1KTA said...

No problem.

You might do better with a simple 40m dipole or a 40m EFHW and a 10m pole.

72
Dom
M1KTA