Support QRP CoA Everywhere

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Clear out of valve gear

Well this started as just a query for where might be the best place to take stuff into a "I'd like that", "do you have one of these?" series of discussions and email pretty much got mobbed.

The R1155 has found a very good home and will be off to an RAF Museum where to be honest it belongs as it is part of our/their history. I am pretty sure this one was used on a launch which fished crews out of the North Sea.

The HRO-M I still have to find a home for it, this one was also marked as an R106 and did time as a VI set and I am aware it has provenance so this is not being just sold on.

Lots and lots of 60's and 70's era valve kit looks like will have a new home soon.

The 1920's and 1930's era valves for ARRL TNT etc (all old globe type valves) as well as a set of B2spyset valves will be off soon.

The Sussex valve tester will go too that looks like it has a good home as well.
A couple of new build parasets, using old components I have to figure out what state they are in. Lots of components as well.

I'll inventory what valve kit is left soon including all the relevant books etc. There are quite a few FT243, 10XJ et al crystals that I will find a home for.

Then will go through some of the more modern rigs, projects I have not really looked at for a while and quite a bit of test kit, so in the end I will have a much reduced shack/workshop. No not giving up the hobby just rationalizing stuff as I need the space as well.


No comments: