Drive will be from KX3.
I had a Microwave Modules 25W 2m pa doing nothing...
So time to remove the guts...
Cut a piece of FR4 and slid into where the original used to be and cut two 'panels' for TO220 IRFZ24N transistors. I have a dual IRF510 PA that might do in case this one doesn't work.
This is the input side... I used a BN43-202 and not the FT37-43 as originally spec'ed as I had seen from PIC-A-STAR that the VSWR in input was better wih the binocular core, I note that in the original Donald W6JL used one anyway!
I am building mine Manahatten style with pads (cut from a sheet with harbour freight punch) all the parts except the PA transistors and the output toroid were all from the 'junk box'. I had ordered a few of the transistors and the BN43-3312 a while ago.
Output stage added:
I used a couple 1000pF poly caps temporary and I put them into the RG58 out sleave off cut.
I will replace with a single 2000pF (c2n2) cap.
The space top left will be for an RF sense and QSK relay. See N6BM Miniboots PA for an idea of that.
The random extra manhatten pads in the centre I'll remove.
I will add a fan on the top of the heatsink.