Thursday, 30 December 2010

How to make a CW QSO

The original site at has disappeared so I post that page here for reference for those trying to get started in CW.

A search for zs6ez on QRZ:
Born 1964, licenced 1980 as ZS6BCR. I've basically been inactive since 2000, due to other commitments. I hope to resume some ham radio one day. My main interest was in contesting, where I held several world and continental records in the single band category of CW, RTTY and Phone contests. I attended WRTC three times, as W6O, OJ1W and S572L. I ran a series of DXpeditions in the Eighties and Nineties, emphasising low band, WARC band and RTTY activity. You may have worked me from 7P, 3DA, A2, IH9, V5, ZS0 or ZS9. I also once did a bit of DXing, with 10BDXCC, 5BWAZ, 5BWAS and Top of the DXCC Honor Roll. I've slipped down a bit with the most recent additions, but maybe I'll get up there again one day. In the mean time, I'm working on my DXFC score (see while flying business jets as a South African Air Force volunteer, playing with my daughter, holding down a real job, working on my PhD, managing a small group in our local church and running a flying school.

How to make a Morse Code contact...

The original is back up on a new site, here is email from Chris about it.
----- Original Message ----
> From: Chris R. Burger ZS6EZ <chris@********>
> To: Dominic Baines <dombaines@********>
> Sent: Fri, 31 December, 2010 1:02:57
> Subject: Re: Fw: [GQRP] Re: OT? Morse procedures...

> > Other emails used all bounced...
> To this address,or did you use an  obsolete address? I'm not aware of a
> problem with this address。

> >  Please let me know if this is a problem.
> I would prefer if you linked to the  actual article:

> That way,if I  make changes they will show up。Also,Google is more likely
> to pick up the new  address if you link to it。

> The original domain name disappeared,so I  suddenly had to establish a new
> one。 All the original content is  there。

> Regards

> Chris

No comments: